Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Daughter of Frankenstein process....

Alright kids. Finally some art! Since I haven't posted in awhile, I thought I'd give a play by play of what went into the painting. A little something to make up for lack of postings lately. Below is the finished painting for the before mentioned Brushes Needles and Burnouts show this weekend. It's 16"x16", acrylic on wood.


Here's a blown up detail of the painting for all you art geeks.


Now, if we go back in time, Pulp Fiction style, we see the pencils.

You can't really tell, but this is two pics pasted together, only so you can see the color comp in the back ground. (photoshop) On the bottom left is a xerox of the pencils used for transfering the image to the wood. After a wash of acrylics went on the board, it was transfered and then drawn over with acrylics.


This is a first pass at laying in some base colors.

A little more color and highlights. Also a little glimse of the palette on the right. At top left we see some photo reference for those nice glimmering sexy abs. Until I find a model for that, I'll have to rely on my monthly subscription to "Glimmering Sexy Abs".


You can see some of the pinstriping drawn into the background here. I thought it'd be fun to try it for the show. Just hope the real pinstripers don't dog on it too much. It's my first attempt at it so be kind. Hope the step by step pics made up for no art postings lately. Anyway, that's it for now. Stay tuned for more stuff. Got another painting on deck for a Portland group show. Pics soon to come..........promise.

2 comments:

geenpool said...

damn dood. you rock. i give up. I'll never paint again. sigh...well, i'll still paint, but i won't be happy about it...well, i'll be happy about it, but i won't like my paintings when they're done...deal? deal.

Anonymous said...

Fuckin' Gorgeous... All of it...

Tony