Wednesday, May 23, 2007

More Chinese Zodiac art........




Ok, finally getting around to posting the rest of the zodiac pieces. One of my favorites of the show was this above painting. Dog Warriors-"Year of the Dog" If you can't figure out what movie this is referencing, I guess you're too young, or I did a bad job at the interpretation. WAAA-RIORRRS!!!!! I'm not going to tell you if you don't get it. Go ask an old person.

I was a little misty eyed to see this one go, but one of the guys that bought it had the theme to the movie on his cell phone for pete's sake! Mario, you kick ass! Besides, I think it's only right that this painting stayed on the East coast, as close to Coney Island as humanly possible. Poetic.



Quickdraw Makes the Connection- "Year of the Horse"


Year of the Rabbit.


Lost Love - "Year of the Snake"
The idea for this one was based on the Medusa myth, or the Gorgons. Guess it depends on your taste of myths/movies. I just figured that this character was always portrayed as being so ugly you'd turn to stone if you gazed upon her. What if there was a really cute one that wasn't ugly? She falls in love, blah blah blah. etc. Sounds like a cheesy fairy tale story, but I figured it was worth painting. Not like there isn't a shortage of bad fairy tale ideas out there already.

Anyway, that's all of the Chinese Zodiac pieces except for one. Year of the Dragon. Why isn't that one posted yet? I'll tell ya. I feel a rant coming. It just recently surfaced, and it needs to be addressed. It is related in a round about way to the "year of the dragon", and to clowns. Don't get the connection yet? Stay tuned........

2 comments:

=shane white= said...

Hahaha..oh man...that Warriors piece rocks!

Wow...great stuff, Augie.

=s=

Anonymous said...

Hey, landed on your blog, nice stuff. I found a cool new tool for our blogs... www.widgetmate.com It helps get latest news for our keywords directly on to our blog. I added it on mine. Worked like a charm.