Monday, May 14, 2007

Year of the Pussycat

Well, it's been a week since I've gotten back from the Baldwin, New York trip, and it seems most of my time has been spent cleaning up the "fallout" from the last two, back to back shows. The studios a complete mess, trying to catch up on emails, trying to get freelance work done, and trying to get the rest of the scans together from the last show so that I can post 'em for you guys.

I'll probably post the rest in one big post, but until then, check out the "Year of the Pussycat" piece. I put off the year of the tiger and year of the dragon 'till the end, because I wanted to do, what I thought were the coolest sounding Chinese zodiac signs, last. Of course, when it was time to do them, I was stressing out because the deadline for the show was quickly approaching. I had no idea what to do for this piece, until I realized I never got to finish my Josie and the Pussycats painting for the Saturday Morning cartoon show. This seemed like a good opportunity to revisit the idea in another fashion.

I don't know how far one can go playing the tambourine, but it seems every Saturday Morning cartoon band always had one. Since I've never seen the movie, I'm not sure what they did, but if my future wife Rosario Dawson ever wants to pose for a Josie and the Pussycats painting and tell me in person, the studio doors are always open.

3 comments:

Eka said...

Supercoool! I hate you. Goodnight. I'll be back later for more punishment and inspiration.

Fin.

Kustom Kulture Gallery & Tattoo said...

See the movie! It was HOT!
Later Rosa Colletti
(Al's long lost girlfriend...yep...yep,yep,yep)
And the obscure happy days reference war goes on!
KK

Moritat said...

Oh! you do post.

hahahaha.