Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Eye Candy From Strangers

I recently had the privilege of having some art selected to appear in the latest Eye Candy From Strangers book that just came out. It's the latest book from Alberto Ruiz's publishing venture called Brand Studio Press. There are lots of good juicy art books in the Brand Studio Press library, so be sure to check that stuff out.

One Northwest artist, and one former Northwest artist in the book are, Memo Diaz. and Kevin Dart Be sure to check out their sites for even more juicy art goodness. If that's not enough for you, check out the cover artist's blog, called Bagsblog. This guy has some killer work on his site. Just another example of new art guys that I haven't heard of before. Thanks to the book though, hermits like myself can now become aware of more great artists that are out there. Nice work Alberto!

On a side note, I've been trying to pay more attention to the Flickr account. To get my ass motivated on it, I decided to throw up some in progress pics of the piece that ended up in the book. My room mate at the time documented the painting process from start to finish. He even shot some time lapse of it that I need to bug him about finishing. Anyway, enjoy.

5 comments:

Francis Vallejo said...

i.v. drip...hmmmmm....I'm thinking of hiring a full time assistant to punch me in the face if my eyes start to droop......hahaha

Edward Pun said...

That's awesome news.... are you going to have that book for sale at Emerald City Con?

Augie said...

Francis- Good idea, but that might leave bruises on the face. Maybe bamboo shoots under the fingernails?

Ed- I'd like to get some more copies, not sure yet. If not, I think Alberto will be there selling that book along with all the other Brand Studio books he has. Start saving up now! I know I'll be dropping some coin at his booth.

=shane white= said...

Congrats, man.

You're a gadfly about the town.

=s=

Brian Meredith said...

Great news, Augie... you can be sure that I'll pick up a copy...