Wednesday, April 02, 2008

The Lasers Edge

Hey all. Here's another quick heads up about a group show this Friday at Seattle's own McLeod Residence.

Kurt Barbee, from 5280 Lasers, has combined powers with Kristen Rask of Schmancy to bring a laser engraved skate deck show to Seattle. He sent me these pics awhile back of the finished piece, and I can't wait to see it in person.







The whole thing was pretty open as far as what art to use for the deck. I sent Kurt a black and white image of the Scarecrow I did from the Residual Ozmosis show I had a few years back. Seemed like it would be a good fit.



Click here for some more info about the goings on this Friday night at the McLeod, and click here for the list of Northwest artists participating in the skate deck show. Hope to see you there!

THE LASERS EDGE @ The McLeod Residence
04-04-2008
5pm-9pm
2209 2nd ave
Belltown/Seattle 98121
206.441.3314
http://www.mcleodresidence.com

4 comments:

=shane white= said...

Holy horsetits...you know what you need to do on that...is some bad ass finishing! Antiquing and shellacing...oooh man...it's pretty...but you do that and it just brings out another layer of goodness.

Very cool, amigo.

=s=

Joe Kresoja said...

hell yeah. Feel like popping an Ollie.

Augie said...

Yeah, you guys need to see it up close to appreciate it. Stop by the studio when you get a chance. I had one made up for myself that you guys need to check out. The detail is pretty impressive.

Jared Fiorino said...

Wow this is one of the coolest skate decks I've seen! What did you use to cut that with. I'm guessing a laser, hence the title, but how? Keep up the great work!