Monday, May 04, 2009

Art Jam IV Leftovers

I've gotten some more pics and links from friends over the past few weeks regarding Art Jam. Just wanted to do a quick follow up post and post some more pics.






Ok. I confess. This post was really just an excuse to post more Bob Ross photos.

I mean, c'mon! Chris came fully prepared with fan brushes and palette knives in his arsenal. Note the fancy palette. The real Bob Ross would be proud.


Here's a better shot of the final piece. Just so you know, Chris doesn't normally paint like this. He kicked it up a notch for Art Jam. You raised the bar brutha!


Here are some finished pieces laid out on the art table/ shuffle board. All these pieces here sold that night. People got some deals for sure.

Here are some better shots of the finished pieces from Angela179 (above) and the three artist collab (below) from Karin, LAW, and Suzzanne.



I also wanted to give Sean Quinn some props for coming all the way out from Boston to round out the DJ set. Seth, Dave, and Sean definitely throw down haaaaard with the jams. In my mind, they give the night a certain vibe that the artists and the crowd feed off of. Mucho importante.

"What kind of music do they play. Aug?" Well, the Boston Phoenix called Sean Quinn "-the guru of Boston’s rising funk tide." Take that Seattle. Thanks for coming out to the left coast to spin at Art Jam Sean!




Here's Shane finishing out his collab with Travis.

Here's another collab that I didn't get shots of. Luke and Ryan jammed out this killer piece. Always fun to see these two throwing down.






I finally got a chance to get up on the boards at the end of the night when things were a little less hectic.




I was also thrown off that night after almost slicing through my thumb. (cut AWAY from yourself kids!) My head has been in Muppet land lately (getting ready for this Saturday's Muppet rawk show), so, Dr. Teeth was the first thing that came to mind.



I guess this gives away what Muppet I'll be doing. What album is it? Hmmmm, stay tuned. Anyway, I hope this post wasn't redundant. just wanted to get in some last minute pics. Much thanks to Cecilia, Dave, and Karin for letting me use their pics. You can check out more of Cecilia's pics from that night on her Flickr account.

Anyway, I'll post the details for the Muppet Rawk show tonight. I've already seen a few pieces, and I think this show is going to blow out the last one.

1 comment:

Glen Batoca said...

Oi El Pagano!
Tank's for your visit and your comment!Your work is very very nice,i like it!
HEHEHE!My native linguage is a portuguese(Brasilian),excuse-me mistakes too!But the design is a universal linguage,it's really great!

Abra├žos do Brasil!