Tuesday, September 29, 2009

R.I.P. Ismael Roldan


I recently came across some really bad news. One of the artists that I met at the Sebastian Kruger workshop last year, passed away last week. Even though the workshop was only a week long, I really enjoyed getting to know Ismael. He was very knowledgeable when it came to talking about art, and his professionalism came through in spades. I kept in touch with Ismael for a bit after the class, and was looking forward to visiting him the next time I was out in NYC. I won't be able to visit him now, but I guess I can remember him through the art that he left behind. When you get a chance, go check out his website.

http://www.ismaelroldan.com/

The Wall Street Journal has a write up on him in their Life & Style section.

Tom Richmond
has some nice things to say about him on his blog along with an interview.

Condolences to his familia. You'll be missed Ismael.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ah at last, I could find your article once more. You have few [url=http://tipswift.com]useful tips[/url] for my school project. Now, I won't forget to bookmark it. :)