Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Disturbance in the Force


During the weeks of frantic painting for the Upper Playground show last month, I managed to finish up this piece for a Star Wars group show. Hope Gallery & Tattoo is putting on their"Disturbance in the Force" group show this week.

There wasn't time to do a new piece for this show, but it gave me a chance to finish up this Rancor painting that I did at a Brushes Needles & Burnouts show a few years back.



It was weird to work on an old painting, only because the art side of my brain is in a different head space these days. Either way, stay tuned for a few more sci-fi related pieces that are for a local sci-fi group show next week. More to come............

5 comments:

Dylan said...

Damn dude, your work is getting more and more sick. The Creature Car is f'ing nice! I haven't seen you around in a while, how's it going?

--Dylan
Dylanepw@gmail.com

Augie Pagan said...

Dylan! Hey, what's up? Haven't been around the 'hood too much because I was chained up to my art desk getting ready for that last show. Still chained to it, as a matter of fact. What've you been up to?

Dylan said...

Not much man, just trying to get done with the unfortunate institute, make some dough in the mean time. I know the chained up feeling! I just temporarily moved back to g-town as a matter of fact. we should kick it man, you have a minute any time soon? I'd love to come check out what you've got going on!

Augie Pagan said...

Dylan,

If you're back in the 'hood, shoot me an email. Usually around on the weekends if you want to get java and catch up. Bring your sketchbook and we'll draw hipsters getting their caffeine fix. Good times.

Dylan said...

Yeah, I just bought a new sketchbook, that'd be a proper way to break it in! haha. I don't have your current email address I don't think...