Thursday, March 03, 2011

Odd Job ( W.I.P.(part 01))



Here are some, in progress, sneak peek, pics of the piece I have in the Sidekicks & Henchmen show tonight. Thumbnails-> tighter pencil sketch -> and finally the transfered and inked drawing onto the board, in the top pic. Want to see the final piece? Then head out to Flatcolor tonight, and if you miss that, there's also an after Comic Con reception on Saturday.

In case you're not familiar with the character in the painting, Odd Job is Goldfinger's henchmen in the James Bond movie of the same name, and one of the most memorable, in the Bond franchise, in my opinion. After "hooking up" with yet another Bond girl, Sean Connery finds Shirley Eaton's character completely covered in gold paint, the next day. Apparently she falls victim to asphyxiation, from being painted in gold, head to toe. I think I was fascinated by, who would have painted her? Goldfinger wouldn't have done it, he would have sent Odd Job, right? I don't know how you inconspicuously send a big, stocky dude, dressed to the nines, with a top hat and painting supplies to a hotel to paint/kill some unsuspecting lady, but I figure he would have been involved in some capacity. Anyway, that's the thought behind the image.

I'll post the final piece soon. Probably after I recover from Emerald con. Until then check out this old commercial I found, with Odd Job, pimping Vix 44. Crazy!


2 comments:

Megan Belcher said...

I love James Bond!!! These are fantastic - great job, man :)

Augie Pagan said...

Thanks, Megan. Glad you dig 'em.