Thursday, September 01, 2011

Garbage Pail Kids Art Show



Not a lot of updates lately, and that usually means lots of paintings are getting produced. Here's the first show coming up. Gallery 1988's Garbage Pail Kids group show. The opening starts tomorrow night. Check out the G1988 blog for some sneak peeks and any updates on the show.


Title: Fryin' Brian
Acrylics on Canvas
Size: 16" x 20"





All the artists got to pick their own cards. The image of Frank Miller's Marv character came to mind when I saw the Fryin' Brian card. Apologies to Mr. Miller, but I couldn't resist the opportunity to try and riff on that iconic image of Marv on the chair.  I kept imagining a Miho arrow coming through my window to take me out while I was painting, but luckily that didn't happen.

Found some cool stuff while doing research. Here's a really cool toy of Fryin' Brian. If you dig around the interwebs, you can find these great comps of the Garbage Pail Kids cards.


Of course, not until after the fact, did I realize I should have called the card "Charred Marv". Oh well. Come back to the blog soon. More painting to come. Got some new paintings to post for The Hive's show this weekend. Stay tuned.......

No comments: