Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Electric Coffin/Return to OZ


Last Saturday's Electric Coffin show at the Piranha Shop was slammed. Tons of people came out and there were lots of great coffins to be seen. Everyone went all out. If I'm in this show again, I think I'll just have a real coffin there with my art on it just to keep up with all the other custom coffins.


This coffin turned into a tribute to L. Frank Baum's Oz characters. I did a solo show six years ago where I re-imagined some of the characters. This was a great chance to put them all in one scene. I had some icons for the characters that I didn't use the first time around, so I used them here and put them on the sides of the coffin.


Anyway, if you didn't get a chance to see the show and happen to be in these other cities, you can check it out, in Portland and LA (info above). You can see a clip from the show here. Also, here are some other links to check out Electric Coffin type stuff.

The Piranha Shop: 206-856-5858 

2 comments:

Chris Wood said...

fantastic work!!

Augie Pagan said...

Chris, thanks a lot man. By the way, just checked out your art blog. Great stuff! Love discovering new artists.