Thursday, March 08, 2012

Look Up Here/Bherd Studios 5 Year Anniversary


Title: Whiplash on Monster Island
Size: 12" x 16"
Medium: Acrylics on board

I've told a lot of people about the art walk up in Greenwood at the Urban Light Studios. It's worth checking out, and if you haven't gone yet, this Friday is the night to go. Why? Bherd Studios is having their 5 year anniversary group show that will showcase local artists that have shown there in the past. In addition to that, you will be seeing the artists that will be in an upcoming art book that showcases those same Northwest artists. That book, "Look Up Here", is being put together by Bherd's resident artist John Osgood and his wife Michelle. Before I forget, I'd like to give those two big props and a digital high five for putting this book together. The Northwest art scene is slowly but surely getting the recognition it deserves for the kind of art we all do (insert appropriate art label here), and this book will finally show everyone outside this state what's been cooking up here as of late. Anyways, thanks guys for asking me to be in the book and to be showcased with all these amazing artists. I can't wait to check it out.


In addition to the Bherd show, local artist Henry Ward is curating a show tomorrow night in the same building called "Who's Hoo". Artists from all over will be doing their take on Owls. I wish I had a scan of my piece, but it's too big and I don't have a decent pic of it yet. I just happened to have a big owl painting laying around from last year, which is a weird coincidence, so if you want to check it out, come to the show.



Speaking of art books, the painting in this post will be published in an upcoming surf themed book. I'll pass along the deets for that as soon as I know more. 

 Also, if you're in the neighborhood, don't forget to check out Sheri Hauser's art boutique, Tasty for even more local art. Yet another good reason to come out to Greenwood. Anyway, check out all the talent below to get an idea of what you'll see tomorrow night. Hope to see you there!




No comments: