Friday, June 08, 2012

Excuuuuse Meeeee! - G1988's Steve Martin Tribute Show



Title: Atomic Steve
Size: 9" x 12"
Medium: Acrylics on Board

Here's a new piece for G1988's (Venice) latest group show. A tribute to Steve Martin: Comedian, actor, banjo player, writer, art collector, cat juggler, renaissance man.

The composition is based off of the photo of Salvador Dali called Dali Atomicus. The name of that photo is a reference to the name of the painting in that photo. So, I guess this painting references a photo, that references a painting. Why Salvador Dali? Steve Martin's approach to comedy and his writing, can sometimes come across just as surreal as a Dali painting in all the best ways. I hope I run into him one day just so I can get one of his business cards.




5 comments:

Orda said...

That's super awesome! Steve Martin is a big art fan. I bet he'd love to see that if you tweeted it to him or something.

Orda said...

That's super awesome! Steve Martin is a big art fan. I bet he'd love to see that if you tweeted it to him or something.

memodiazart said...

True vintage Steve Martin at the height of his comedy.
Read his autobiography about honing his craft and the path taken to get to comedy stand up super stardom and what it eventually became for him

Great job, Augie. Keep on truckin'.

Megan Belcher said...

HA! This is awesome... great stuff, Aug!

Augie Pagan said...

Thanks for the comments. Yeah, Memo, I heard that's a pretty good book. @Jordan -I wonder how much of the show he saw. His art collection is pretty impressive. I think it might still be exhibiting in Vegas?