Friday, October 05, 2012

A Tribute to B Movies


Title: Robbie vs the ID Monster
Size: 12"x 12"
Medium: Acrylics on Canvas

Here's a new piece for LTD gallery's latest group show. It's Robbie the robot from Forbidden Planet. His first appearance. The reflection on his face is the ID monster. You can see it here at the two minute mark. Is it a reflection, or is Robbie confronting his own inner demons? Hmmmmmm.

It would have been waaay easier to do this FX in photoshop, but what's the fun in that? I'd rather try learning  with paints. No net, baby!

It's also funny to watch Forbidden planet because Leslie Nielson is in it and I keep expecting him to crack a joke, a la Airplane. Oh, how I miss Airplane.



5 comments:

Megan Belcher said...

Excellent work, Aug... and DON'T CALL ME SHIRLEY!

Megan Belcher said...

Excellent work, Aug... AND DON'T CALL ME SHIRLEY!

Augie Pagan said...

Hahaha! Thanks Megs. Glad to see you still have your sense of humor regardless of being knocked up. Over, under. Roger, Roger.

Megan Belcher said...

HAHAHA! I'm the size of a walrus at this point, but I still know my vector Victor.

Augie Pagan said...

I thought Paul was the Walrus? "...and Megs is getting laaaarger!"