Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Post ECCC Update


Just now getting my equilibrium back from a crazy insane Emerald City Comicon, which went down last weekend. Thanks much to all that took the time to come out and track down my table. I was hanging with art homies in a bigger booth, so I know it was a little harder to find this year.

What can I say about the show? It was HUGE this year. Literally double the size. From what I hear it is officially the third biggest in the states behind the San Diego and New York shows.


This year I was drawn (by the ever talented Alex Soto).......


...punched by Batman (a.k.a. Jackson Werner).......


.......and the highlight for me was meeting Brian Stelfreeze. Been a fan of his since way back in the 90's after Gaijin studios formed.  I picked his brain about art techniques and soaked up all the art knowledge I could. Brian was super patient and took the time to answer all my questions even as he was finishing up this Lady Death piece. (Check out better progress shots on his FB fan page)




There were tons of cosplayers that walked by the table too.
Always fun to check that out. It was especially fun hanging with all the art crew in the booth and catching up with old friends from out of town too. Totally pumped to start new projects now and can't wait until next year's show!


1 comment:

Megan Belcher said...

Hahaha so awesome!